Are Massage Guns Good For Back Pain?
Are you an athlete, a traveler, or someone with a duty that takes hours in front of the system? In any case, you are probably stressed out with back pain frequently. Several physical therapists, including Gary Calabrese, DPT, believe that massage guns are a safe and effective approach to provide a short shot of comfort to body regions that are regularly stressed (like the neck, shoulders, and lower back).
According to Gary, it is also good for pre-activity muscle warming and post-activity cool-down.
Even if you don't have chronic back pain, you should approach using a percussion massage gun with caution, gradually learning how to use each feature.
So let’s see the way we can make it effective.
Booster U1 Massage Gun
How to use a massage gun on your back by yourself
There are several things you can do to improve the effectiveness of your massage gun. Before utilizing a massage gun, attempt to relax your muscles as much as possible. While your sore back may make you naturally stiff, being tense adds to the tension, making the pistol more difficult to use.
- Okay, so the first step is to turn on the massage gun without pressing it against your body, as this will give you a better sense of control.
- Second, use the massage gun to massage your lower or upper back muscles. Additionally, it's crucial to keep in mind that no pressure should be used initially.
- After that, softly slide the percussion gun along the muscle. The goal is to move an inch away from your body every second, or even faster if feasible.
- Stop and rest the massage tool if you have come across a muscle knot or a more sensitive location before continuing.
- While massaging, continue to breathe slowly and deeply.
How to use a massage gun for lower back pain
Start with the lowest setting on the muscle massager. The two options for controlling speed are MODE and STRENGTH. Using Mode, you can either decrease or raise the pulse frequency. If you discover that the lower speeds are ineffective, gradually increase the speed.
We would advise utilizing a massage gun for light back discomfort. But, if you have persistent pain, you should avoid using one. A massage gun will come in handy if you suffer from frequent backaches as a result of your daily domestic activities or sitting for long periods.
It goes without saying that reaching your lower back on your own isn't always easy; you may require help from others. If you're utilizing the massage gun on your own, avoid employing forceful twisting motions because this can lead to persistent pain.
Massage your lower back with the massage gun. From top to bottom, massage the muscular bulk on either side of the lower back, and if it seems comfortable, add some flexion and extension to the massage gun.
As you reach the Quadratus Lumborum (QL) muscles that are hidden beneath numerous layers of tissue, add some side-to-side motion to your message. You can also continue massaging your glutes and thighs down your body.
Massage these muscles for five to ten minutes for therapeutic advantages that reach deep into the muscle fibers.
Is massage gun safe for lower back pain with infection, especially for pregnant women?
If you have a low back infection, you should avoid massage guns for the time being, and if you have tendinitis, bursitis, or fasciitis, you should use them with caution. We also encourage pregnant women to refrain from using a massage gun.
Benefits of massage gun for back pain
Getting a massage is said to be a low-risk, non-invasive treatment, making it the safest and simplest way to relieve back pain. A back massage for low back pain can be useful, and some of the benefits are as follows:
- Muscle Recovery - Massage guns provide deep tissue percussion massage, which enhances and speeds muscle recovery after exercises.
- Increases Blood Flow - After a strenuous workout, gun massage relieves lactic acid from muscles and removes metabolic waste. It stimulates blood flow, allowing oxygen and nutrients to reach the muscles. And allowing them to begin to heal.
- Muscle Stretch - A percussion massage gun massage also provides a moderate stretch to the muscles, increasing their range of motion. Using a massager before a workout will improve your performance and help prevent injuries by increasing muscular mobility.
- Endorphins release - Deep tissue massage releases endorphins, which help regulate hormones and boost mood by lowering cortisol levels and activating the production of endorphins.
- Reusability - The best part about the massage gun is that it can be carried; you can take it to the gym, to the office and use it as needed to reduce muscle stress. Also, you can use different low back pain massage techniques to get relief.
What do you need to know more about the massage gun?
If you have decided that the massage gun is good for you, you need to ensure that you make the right choice for buying one. So, here are the significant factors to keep in mind while shopping for a massage gun for your needs:
- The intensity of the massage gun
- Vibration and percussion
- Ease of use
- Weight of the gun
Besides, you need to know where not to use the massage gun:
- Bony parts
- Bruises or wounds that are still open
- If you have arthritis, fibromyalgia, osteoporosis, or any other musculoskeletal ailment, see your doctor before using.
All in all, the function of the massage gun is to relax your muscles. And give yourself relief from the pain in the back; however, if you are going to use it without consulting a doctor, it can be a mistake. This hopefully answers the question. In summary, yes, the massage gun is good for back pain. But you have to know the procedure, consult a doctor, and know your pain quite well before using a professional massage gun.
If you are clear from all of the above-mentioned requirements, Zarifa is here to offer the best massage gun you need for your back pain. They are easy to carry, easy to operate on your own, and are approved by the FSA, too. So, get your now and get rid of the pain.